List of Primary Grade Science Projects
The following are display type projects suitable for beginners. Students should be encouraged to make personal observations rather than taking material out of a book or magazine.
2. Make a Magnet
4. Make A Bird House
5. Insect Collection Display
6. Cotton Culture Display
8. Make a Sundial [Exp]
10. Study Food Values (using mice)
11. Inside Fruit
12. Make A Compass
13. Leaf Characteristics
14. Habitat Studies
15. Make Salt Crystals
16. How a Tooth Decays
17. Make Sugar Crystals
18. How Plants Reproduce [Exp]
20. Insects: Bad Guys or Good Guys?
21. Draw A Magnetic Field
22. Solar System (Make a Model)
23. Parts of a Flower
24. Parts of the eye (Make a model of the human eye)
25. Parts of a Hen’s Egg
27. Parts of a Horse (Display)
28. Parts of a Bird (Display)
29. Do Plants Grow Toward Light? [Exp]
30. What material and objects will be attracted by magnet? [Exp]
32. Ants (Life and habitat research and display)
33. Seed Collection
34. Make A Miniature Greenhouse
35. A Secret Letter with Invisible Ink [Exp]
40. Natural Gas
41. Make A Boat Model
42. How To Put Down A Fire?
43. What is needed for fire to start?
44. What food ingredients are water soluble?
45. Separate a mixture of wood dust, sugar and iron powder.
46. Which one is lighter, hot or cold water?
47. Which one is lighter, hot or cold air?
48. The Sun, Moon and Earth (Make Model)
49. The Human Heart, Make Display and Working Model
50. Rock Collection
52. Wood Collection
53. Carbon Dioxide and Man
54. Flower Collection (Annuals, Biennials, Perennials)
55. How to Test Food for Starch? [Exp]
56. A Balanced Aquarium
61. How Do You Test If The Egg Is Cooked?
62. Best Packaging for an Egg
63. Make A Simple Electric Circuit
64. What Battery Lasts Longest? [Exp]
65. Do Detergents Work Best In Cold or Hot Water? [Exp]
66. What causes the milk to spoil? [Exp]
67. Make Yogurt
68. Make Cheese
69. Make Candy
71. Which freezes faster? Water or Salt Water? [Exp]
72. Which freezes faster? Water or Sugar Water? [Exp]
73. Will Water freeze faster in a plastic cup or a metal cup?
75. What makes plants grow upward? Light or Gravity? [Exp]
76. What is the effect of light on a plants growth? [Exp]
77. What is the effect of temperature on a plants growth? x
78. What is the effect of salt water on a plants growth? [Exp]
79. What is the effect of sugar water on a plants growth? [Exp]
80. What is the effect of detergents on plants?
81. What is the effect of vinegar on plants? [Exp]
82.What is the effect of urine on plants?
83. What is the effect of oil on plants? [Exp]
84. What color light is best for a plants growth? [Exp]
85. What factors affect the evaporation of water? [Exp]
86.What is the effect of sugar or salt in the evaporation of water? (Quick and simple) [Exp]
87. Compare two dishwashing liquid to see which one makes more bubbles. [Exp]
88. Does the temperature of water affect the time it takes for the water to freeze? [Exp]
89. Identify counterfeit bills
90. Test Apple Maturity
91. Test fruits or fruit juices for starch [Exp]
92. What is cotton candy?
101. Cost comparison
110. A Tundra (Make a model)
(Quick) = Projects that can generally be completed in one to 7 days if you have access to all the necessary material or equipment.
coming soon* = Projects that are being added in future. Members can request expedition of such projects.